News and Dates for your Diary
This will be updated with "family" news as the week progresses
- On 30th May at 7.30pm, the Blagovest 2013 Russian Orthodox Choir will give a concert of Russian Choral music - sacred and folk - at CoGS. For more information and tickets, please contact Diana Illing on 0151 342 8323 or Linghams bookshop.
- The next Men's Breakfast will be at 8.00am till 10.00am on Saturday 1st June at Thornton Hall Hotel, Thornton Hough, when Rob Parsons will be the guest speaker. For further information and bookings, please contact Mark Mitchell on 0151 347 5658.
- On 2nd June at 6.30pm in St Peters, there will be a Songs of Praise for the Wirral North Deanery with music to celebrate the 60th Anniversary of the Coronation of the Queen and favourite hymns, old and new. Parking will be available at St Peter's School and refreshments will be served.
- On 15th June at 7.30pm at St Mary's Upton, Peter and Zoltan Katona, the Classical World's best known guitar duo (according to the Daily Telegraph) will give a concert of classical and popular music. Tickets are £15 available on 0151 677 1186. Booking is essential!
- On 5th July, a 50th Jubilee Celebration of the founding of The Church of The Good Shepherd will be held at Neston Cricket Club Marquee, Station Road, Parkgate on Friday 5th July from 7.15pm. Tickets £10 available from the Parish Office (includes food). Further details in due course.
- This year's Confirmation Service will be conducted by the Bishop of Birkenhead, Rt Revd. Keith Sinclair, on Sunday 30th June at CoGS, commencing at 6.30pm. If there are any adults or young people (in year 9 or above) who are interested in Confirmation, please speak to a member of the Clergy or contact the Parish Office on 342 3471.
- The Chester Mystery Plays will be performed between 26th June and 13th July in the Nave of Chester Cathedral. Tickets are now available £21 - £25 from 01244 500 959 or at www.chestermysteryplays.com.
- Pilgrimage to The Holy Land - Mavis Thomson, a Reader at Hallwood in Runcorn, will lead a 7 day pilgrimage to The Holy Land, starting on 24th October 2013. For further details, please contact the Parish Office .
- This year Operation Christmas Child delivered their 100 Millionth shoebox to a needy child for Christmas. A total of 160 boxes have been sent from the parish this year towards that amazing total! Collecting has already started for Christmas 2013, see the boxes at the back of each church.
- If you would like to be better informed about the current parliamentary bill on same-sex marriage take a look here for a summary of mainstream Christian opinion by Canon J John.
- Weekday Welcome drop in at the St Peters Centre runs each weekday Monday - Friday from 10.00 -12 noon. We always look forward to seeing regulars and newcomers for coffee and a chat and a Traidcraft stall is also available.
- Traidcraft is now being promoted and distributed by Helen Mooney (St Peters) and Cheryl O'Malley (CoGS). contact them for orders, information etc. A big thank you to Diana Illing and Ros Warenius for their pioneering work over a number of years developing Traidcraft in Heswall.