It has been an enormous blessing to lead Family and Children’s Ministries over a number of years and I am delighted to invite anyone who is involved in ministry amongst children from across the diocese to a training event ‘All Together’ organised by the Diocesan Children’s Committee. This promises to be a great day and I’m excited to meet as many of you as possible at the event and share experiences of the joy and challenges of our wide variety of ministries amongst families and children. I’m really looking forward to hearing from Mark Griffiths, author of ‘One Generation from Extinction’, who I am sure will inspire us all to continue in our mission to grow the kingdom in our cities, towns and villages.
Please book early to secure your place – all the information you need is below but don’t hesitate to contact Anne Cody or myself at Church House if you would like to know more!
Lyn Weston, Chester Diocesan Missioner
Event – All Together Workshop
Location: St Wilfred’s C of E School, Grappenhall, Warrington WA4 3ET (5 miles from the M6/M56 interchange)
Date: Saturday 15th October 2016 9.30am – 3.45pm (drinks and displays from 9.15am)
A Workshop day for anyone involved in ministry amongst children in churches
‘All Together’ workshop day for anyone involved in ministry amongst children in churches; children’s leaders and helpers, clergy, GAP planning groups and those with strategic responsibility for children’s ministry.
Keynote speaker: Mark Griffiths; author of ‘ One generation from extinction’
‘All Together’ includes a choice of three workshops as well as opportunity to meet others involved in children’s ministry, a book stall provided by Birkenhead Christian Bookshop, new resources and worship.
Booking is essential – book here
Please indicate the workshops you wish to attend on the booking form.
Please bring your own lunch. Drinks will be provided.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You will have the option of attending 3 workshops from the list below (1 in the morning, 2 in the afternoon). Please indicate on the booking page which workshops you wish to attend.
- Parenting Ruth Basden and Ann Peach from MU
- Who Let the Dads out Tony Sharp [pm only]
- Messy Church Revisited Caroline Houghton
- One generation from Extinction Mark Griffiths [pm only]
- Online Safety Joanna Madyarchyk
- Pre School Groups Joyce Herdson
- Building Bridges Ruth Mock [am only]
- Admission to Communion Cathy Helm [am only]
- Worshipping with Children Andy Stinson [am only]
- Mossy Church – outside worship & activities Andy Stinson/Ruth [pm only]
- Godly Play Margaret Marsh
- Open the Book Macclesfield group
- Using Drama to Explain the Bible Elizabeth Morris